How Vinegar Has Made My Mothering Easy
You may have read or heard about the wonders of vinegar especially in cooking and disinfecting but you will be engrossed to know that vinegar has more uses than the two mentioned which can be a great help for mothers.
As a work-from-home mother of three boys, I always have a busy daily routine. I need to finish a plethora and never-ending house chores. I must prepare my kids’ lessons for the day, get my job done in my home office, and a lot of other activities a mother needs to accomplish. Frustratingly, just like many other mothers, I am not a supermom who can manage to organize everything in a day. Oh, how I really wish there were more than 24 hours in a day. And because of this, we fail to notice the small things we have in our kitchen that is, in fact, the one that saves the day.
Vinegar To Remove Odor from Carpets And Rugs
A good-smelling house makes us feel calm especially if we stay home most of the day. Follow the easy steps below:
- Prepare equal parts of vinegar and cool water
- Mix well in a spray bottle
- Start spraying the carpet enough to dampen the fibers
- Air dry
- Done! You will now notice the bad odor is gone. It can also be used to remove bad odor in the air, sofa, and curtains.
Mothers can not help but think about the mess our kids make no matter how many times we tell them about our exhaustion in cleaning. The mess can contribute to bad odors around the house and this method is the quickest, cheapest, and most natural way to eliminate them.
Vinegar For Cooking Fluffy Rice And Avoid From Spoiling Soon
Vinegar is a natural preservative since it contains acetic acid that can kill microbes thus prevents food spoilage.
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar for every 1 cup of rice
- Cook rice in the way you do it
- When it starts to boil, add the vinegar
- Make sure to lower the heat and keep the pot or pan covered
- Done! You can now enjoy your fluffy rice with an enhanced taste
Being a busy mother, I usually cook rice only once for the entire day so I just have to reheat it for dinner. It saves much of my time without getting worried about it getting spoiled. This is my favorite life hack.
Use Vinegar In Laundry
The acetic acid in distilled white vinegar can brighten and soften clothes. Do not worry about getting them stained because distilled white vinegar does not have tannin or plant dyes in it.
- Mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 10 ml fabric conditioner
- Pour into the water for rinsing clothes, right before hanging the laundry
- Done! You will notice more fragrant, whiter white clothes, and vibrant colored clothes which is a mother’s relief after doing the laundry. No need to use bleaches that can harm our health and the environment.
There are tons of usage and wonders of vinegar but the three I have mentioned are my favorite and the most convenient life hack for me as a busy mother.
How about you? Do you also think vinegar is a mother’s buddy?
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have learned something.